"The phoenix hope, can wing her way through the desert skies, and still defying fortune's spite; revive from ashes and rise." Miguel De Cervantes
WARNING: This blog contains lots of spoilers from To Kill A Mocking bird. I suggest you read the book first, then read my opinions of it.

Wednesday 11 July 2012

Evacuee

Everywhere around me
                                     children cried
                                                           mothers wept
Valiantly I stepped onto the station
A single tear trickled down my face
                                                         my last goodbyes
Carefully I stepped onto the steaming train
Under my shirt butterflies fluttered
Everything I ever knew
                                     lost forever
Everyone I ever knew
                                    never seen again

1 comment:

  1. This is a very beautiful and amazing poem. Clearly you have experienced being an evacuee :)

    ReplyDelete